Today was the day they switched to the new electrical cable that was just put in the neighborhood. The plan, per their phone call, was four hours without electricity. Unfortunately it was out until almost 3pm today. 

I've been chomping at the bit to get some work done but every time I'd start to start on something, not being able to get on the computer stopped me cold. It's frustrating, but man you really start to understand just how much you rely, absolutely 100% rely on these bits of metal and plastic that run our lives. I needed labels, but I couldn't print. I needed to update my spreadsheet with some better information so I can figure out the best per package price for my items at Farmers Market and update the menu. With no electricity, I've got no computer and no stove, so basically nothing got done this morning.

Oh well - at least we got to eat breakfast at Goldy's. Since we have an electric stove, we couldn't even heat water for coffee, which meant breakfast out, which meant downtown. Man I love that place. 

This afternoon I'll be putting together the new labels from Tyler into sheets, then saving those out as .jpg files so I can take the images to a print shop and print the labels on my big sheets of sticker paper. Ink is too expensive to print these at home, so I'm trying to be smart about batching my print jobs and get color prints from digital files at the local copy shop. 

Harry's been testing recipe variations for his granola and I'm working on a banana bread recipe. For the banana bread, instead of the just adding two soft bananas like normal I wanted to jazz it up a bit and make it more like the version we had when we were on vacation in Maui. I've not seen this, but I'm betting it'll be good, so I'm also caramelizing a rough chopped banana in butter, sugar and a little cinnamon in my big cast iron skillet and once that cools I'll add it along with 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. 



It's 8pm and the house is way too quiet. Harry's gone - he's getting a sleep study done. The doctor thinks he's got sleep apnea and this is the first step to get his baseline, so I'm sitting downstairs all on my lonesome watching TV with LaLa on my lap and thinking of all of the things I need to accomplish before the end of day on Friday. It's a long list...

Create & Print Labels (copy shop)

Cut Out Labels (at home in front of the TV)

Finalize cost vs. price calculations so I can price my newest items. This week we are adding homemade marshmallows (chocolate with peppermint), gluten free almond shortbread, banana bread, garbage balls, crispy rice bars with coconut and chocolate and sticky toffee pudding with homemade caramel sauce. I won't be bringing any giant chocolate covered marshmallows this week - it's just too hot. 

Finalize Farmer's Market Menu & print 2 large format copies (copy shop)

Bake up a whole bunch of yummy stuff & get it packaged & labeled

Finish FM table set up / figure out the rest of the display

Wash up the tablecloths 

And the list goes on, but it's time for bed!